Now that I have my mood boards handy, I can check out my own closet to see what items I can highlight this fall. It’s important for me to be very clear and stress that I do NOT buy a full wardrobe of all new clothes each season! I don’t have the budget or the desire to start over from scratch. I have my core closet of basics all set and ready to go plus the items you’ll see below. Two of the things I know I’ll be adding to my wardrobe are this spice toned suede jacket and I bought fabric to make some amazing rust colored high waisted flares (wish me luck!). I also bought this Free People dress for a possible wedding guest outfit and it was too small in the lower ribs. Waiting until the end of my Whole30 to see if it fits or if I need to size up!
Ok! Let’s talk about favorites I’ve already got and can’t wait to wear to fit my seventies throwback theme!
I made this beauty last fall when I was pregnant and I think it will be so cute over the Free People dress or with a navy turtleneck and those rust flares. And I’ll definitely repeat it just as you see here (with regular jeans instead of maternity of course!). Simply said - it’s a great neutral that’s going to get a lot of milage!
Fringe Leather Bag
I bought this beauty during the Nordstrom Sale a few years ago and it’s one of my most used handbags. I love the color and style and it’s big enough for a couple diapers, wipes and my wallet. I rarely carry a diaper bag at all actually! Anyway, this will look great with my new thrifted boots as well as others already in my closet.
Say 1970s and I’ll instantly think of one of my favorite movies - Love Story. Ali McGraw wears a navy peacoat and it’s such a great classic. It works as easily with modern looks as it does more vintage styled outfits. I like navy because of how it works with so many other colors in my closet!
Cream Cable Turtleneck
This is another classic that looks great with just about every jacket or pair of pants in my closet. It’ll be worn a lot - just like in years past!
High Waisted Dark Denim
I love these Frame jeans (I wore this over the weekend which you can see here) because they make my legs look super long and the stretch fabric makes them comfortable! Also - they go with just about everything!
This vintage cape is best suited for days when I’m not holding kids (cause let’s be real, capes are not easy with full hands), but I like this piece a lot!
Oxblood Vintage Leather Crop Jacket
I can still remember buying this piece at a Fort Wayne Goodwill over 15 years ago! It’s gotten a makeover (it was originally a long coat) but I wear it a lot more cropped off. I like the wide collar and braided details!
High Waisted Denim Skirt
I want to give this skirt a little more love this season. Obviously it didn’t work for me when I was pregnant last year, but I think paired with boots and a hippy-esque boots it would be super cute at some end of the summer barbecues.
High Waisted Button Front Jeans
Ugh. These jeans got misplaced during our move and they are the one thing I wish I could find most! The rise is so cute and I hope I can even tailor them in a little bit for a more defined waist.
Navy Ditty Print Maxi Dress
One of my all time favorite dresses (see all of the ways I’ve worn it here) will absolutely be worn a bunch this fall. I think I’ll give it a new look by wearing it with the suede jacket I mentioned above with a navy floppy hat.
Purple Printed Chiffon Dress
Here’s another dress I can’t wait to pair with the suede moto jacket and boots for a kid free afternoon or evening.
These aren’t the only pieces I’m excited to feature, but they are a good start! I have some vintage sweaters and printed skirts and dresses I hope I fit into soon too!
For the final portion of this series, I’ll recap the pieces I’ve put on my wishlist and more ideas for how I’ll style them up! Stay tuned!
Hey hey! We are 25% of the way into our Whole 30 (see my prep post here & results post here). In short - it’s going great! Adam and I feel good and are enjoying our meals. Last week I was a meticulous record keeper and documented what I ate so that I could share a meal plan and grocery list! So… here we go!
- Brunch (got a late start!) | Three eggs cooked in ghee, sauteed spinach and peppers, blueberries
- Snack | Green apple with sunbutter and almond flakes
- Dinner | Turkey Meatballs in homemade tomato sauce with zucchini noodles
- Breakfast | Chia Bowl (chia seeds + almond milk, topped with strawberries, blueberries, almonds, pecans and unsweetened coconut flakes
- Lunch | Turkey Meatball leftovers (3) with hot sauce, 3 eggs, sauteed spinach, ½ avocado
- Dinner | Cowboy Skillet (shredded green plantains, onions, chorizo) with egg on top and tomatoes, pickled jalepenos and avocado
- Breakfast | Scrambled Eggs, Chorizo, Sautéed spinach, ½ avocato
- Lunch | Turkey Meatballs (4), Roasted sweet potato
- Dinner | Grilled Chicken Breast and Grilled Peppers and Zucchini
- Breakfast | Deli Smoked Turkey Breast, Scrambled Eggs, ½ Avocado
- Lunch | Left over Cowboy Skillet, Two Eggs, Grapes
- Dinner | Cuban Burgers (Pork patties, pickles, mustard, deli turkey on Plaintain “bun”), Sweet potato wedges with spicy mayo (hot sauce mixed with mayo), Sauteed Spinach
- Breakfast | Chia Bowl (same as above)
- Lunch | Three Eggs, Sauteed Spinach
- Snack | Banana with Sunbutter and Almonds
- Dinner | Steak with Potato Wedges
- Breakfast | Scramble with kale, peppers, onion and left over steak, homefries (from left over potatoes)
- Lunch | Turkey Burgers with Avocado, Spicy Mayo and Roasted Carrots
- Dinner | Smoked Pork Loin, Corn on the Cob, Spinach Salad (with tomatoes, avocado, almonds and spicy mayo)
- Breakfast | Hard boiled eggs, bacon and melon
- Lunch | Pulled Pork BBQ (paleo version), pickles, onions and Potato Wedges
- Dinner (at a friend’s house) | Zucchini Salad (onions, tomatoes, olive oil, ACV, salt), chicken kabob
Phew! Let me back up a little and fess up a bit. We have not been super strict on a couple things like mayo, bacon or deli meat. Sure - we could be die hards, but we feel like this is a pretty big challenge as is and are cutting ourselves a bit of slack for trace amounts of noncompliant ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients, how about a shopping list! Drumroll please…
WhatIWore: Here’s what I wore over the weekend to hit up the Goodwill 50% sale and the farmer’s market with my family. I’ve had a little pep in my step lately and have been a lot more inspired to put on an outfit, rather than just throwing on whatever (like a tee shirt and jean shorts). I’ve been going through my clothing in storage and found this top, which was the beginning of this whole outfit. it’s actually almost exactly like this one, the difference being my new boots instead of sandals.
And by new, I mean the pair I picked up for the other day on a thrifting trip. Ahhh! Can you believe it? They’re real leather, fit great and are going to look perfect with my seventies themed fall wardrobe. I even started spiffing them up this weekend and I love the results.
When: August 5, 2017
Shades:Karen Walker ‘Super Duper’
Necklace: Global Gifts (a little store here in town)
Blouse: ModCloth (from last spring)
Jeans: Frame Denim
Where: Farmer’s Market and Thrift Shopping
Tumblr - girls and guns by petra collins Child room ideas 2017
0 Notifications You're all caught up! LIVESTRONG.COM.